Conditions of participation
The Engineering Newcomer Challenge is a design competition oriented towards students and groups of students of a university, technical school or a technical college.
The organizer of the Engineering Newcomer Challenge is CADENAS GmbH, together with norelem, BAK FST, MDESIGN, TENADO and Zuken, hereinafter referred to as "organizers".
The conditions of participation will be agreed upon between the participants and the organizers.
The organizers reserve the right to change the conditions of participation without prior notice.
Participation is free of charge and not dependent on any purchasing of services.
The Engineering Newcomer Challenge 2022 ends on 31 July 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
Participation entries are photos or screenshots of one's own project or final paper, together with a brief description (project duration, tasks, components to be used, challenges, project result).
Participation can only take place if registered by 31 July 2022 and an upload link is provided for photos or screenshots of the project or final paper, together with a brief description (project duration, tasks, components used, challenges, project result).
Eligible to participate are students and groups of students. A minimum age of 16 years applies for the participation in the Engineering Newcomer.
Participation entries in the form of text, image or video data, along with the documents, must be submitted by 31 July 2022 via the upload link provided after registration.
New designs as well as those implemented in the past may be submitted.
Submissions by normal mail will not be considered.
Participation eligibility and admissible entries
Eligible to participate are natural persons as individuals or as a group who are enrolled at a state-recognised institution/university for one of the following subjects – machine building, engineering, electrotechnology or a similar course of study. Natural persons must be at least 18 years old to participate or participation takes place with the consent of a legal representative.
Employees of the organizers as well as everyone involed in the conception and implementation of the Engineering Newcomer Challenge are excluded from participation.
Admissible and desired is not only to make the participation entry available via the upload link, but, in addition, to upload on PARTcloud.net under the category Engineering Newcomer Challenge. As a potential winning entry, however, only those sent in via the upload link will be taken into consideration.
Only one entry in the competiton is admissible per participant or participating group. Several entries by a participant will not be accepted by the organizers nor by the jury when awarding the prize. Also not allowed is anything automated by robots or service providers.
The participant entry may not contain anything that violates the law or common decency. Therefore the entry shall not be threatening, insulting, abusing, racist, violent, defamatory, harassing, offensive, pornographic or harmful to youth.
The organizers reserve the right to exclude participant entries which violate any of the above criteria or to delete without giving reasons.
Evaluation, prizes and announcing the winners
Prizes and awards for participation entries are based on the following criteria:
- Value in use, technological benefit, marketing opportunities
- Use of standard/purchased parts, cost considerations, variability
- Functionality and handling
- Technological implementation
The first three places of the Engineering Newcomer Challenge will be awarded with attractive cash prizes for you and your education facility.
1st place wins 2,000 EUR.
2nd place wins 1,000 EUR.
3rd place wins 500 EUR.
The other places will receive no money or material assets. If the votes are identical, it's possible that two or more will hold the same place. In such a case, the prize money will be divided accordingly.
The winners of the Engineering Newcomer Challenge will be notified by e-mail or phone, using the data given at registration. In addition, an official award ceremony is expected to take place at the norelem trade fair stand at the Motek 2022 trade show in Stuttgart. In case of possible cancellation or postponement of the trade show, efforts will be made to find an alternative for the award ceremony.
The prizes are non-transferable. The winner shall accept any necessary changes to the win, contingent on others outside of sphere of factors of the organizers involved in the Engineering Newcomer Challenge.
The money will be transferred to a bank account specified by the winner within 6 weeks after the awarding of the Engineering Newcomer Challenge.
The participant shall ensure that the publication of his submitted texts, data, videos or images does not violate the rights of any third parties and, in particular, no brandnames or copyrights or personal rights. The participant ensures that he has all the rights to his entry; in particular copyrighted rights of use to guarantee the rights of the organizer as stipulated in these conditions of participation. If photos of identifiable persons are submitted, those persons must consent to having their photo published. The organizers can ask the paricipant to submit a declaration of consent from the person in the image.
The organizers have no auditing duty for the entries. The participant must ensure that all legal provisions, which must be complied with for the use of data, are fulfilled. The participant shall be exclusively liable when any rights are violated by use on the part of the organizer. The participant hereby releases the organizers of any liability for violations of right from his published entry.
The participants who win one of the first three places agree to the publishing of their submitted entries on the respective organizer's website, the naming of the winners and the photos of the award ceremony on the websites of the organizers.
With participation in the competition and the uploading of the participant entry, the participant or participating group declares his/their consent to the publication of the participant entry and the accompanying documentation (namely images, videos, descriptions and participant details) at www.engineering-newcomer.com.
The participant or participating group shall grant the organizers unlimited and transferable rights of use regionally, temporally and contentually, in particular the right to process, duplicate and distribute the competition entry for marketing and training purposes. In case participants do not wish for their data to be published, and yet wish to take part in the competition, CADENAS GmbH can be contacted by phone or e-mail to look for an individual solution. E-Mail: email@example.com or phone +49 821 2 58 58 0 500
- Legal action is precluded
- The laws of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply. Court of jurisdiction is Augsburg
Privacy notice for applicants to the Engineering Newcomer Challenge
We are pleased that you wish to participate in the Engineering Newcomer Challenge. We would like to provide you with information on the processing of your personal data in connection with the application.
How long will your personal data be stored
We store your personal data for as long as is necessary for deciding who won the competition. Deletion takes place two months after the winners of the competition have been determined.
Which data is processed by us and for what purpose
We process the data you send us in connection with your application in order to carry out the competition procedure.
What rights you have
As an applicant to the competition, you have the following data protection rights depending on the individual situation. If you have any questions, you can contact us or our data protection officer at any time.
- You have the right to obtain information about your personal data processed by us and to request access to and/or copies of your personal data. This includes information about the purpose of the use, the category of data used, its recipients and authorized persons and, if possible, the planned duration of data storage or, if not possible, the criteria for determining this duration.
- You have the right to request the immediate correction of inaccurate personal data relating to you. In consideration of the purposes of the processing, you have the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data - also by means of a supplemented statement.
- Insofar as the processing of personal data relating to you is based on Art. 6 DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of such data at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation. We will then no longer process this personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
- If the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the withdrawal. To do this, you can contact us or our data protection officer at any time.
- You have the right to have personal data relating to you deleted without undue delay and we are obliged to immediately delete personal data if one of the following reasons applies:
- The personal data is not necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing.
- The personal data have been processed unlawfully
- The deletion of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation under European Union law or Member States’ law to which we are subject to.
What is the legal basis for processing data
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data in the application process is primarily Section 26 BDSG. Accordingly, the processing of data required for the decision on participation in an application is permissible.
To whom will the data be disclosed
Your application data will be viewed by the jury receiving your application. There, the further procedure and the winners will be determined. In principle, only those persons in the company have access to data who are required for the proper conduct of an application procedure.
Where your data is processed
Your data will be processed exclusively in data centers in the Federal Republic of Germany.
Our data protection officer
We have appointed a data protection officer in our company. You can reach him under the following contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible in the sense of data protection law is
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint about the processing of personal data by us with a data protection authority.