Share engineering knowledge easier with the HotSpot function
Available videos and animated images in 3D CAD models provide engineers with a comprehensive overview
Modelling parts is complex. That's why users of the CADENAS exchange platform PARTcloud.net help each other and make self-modelled 3D parts available free of charge to other users, friends or colleagues. With the so-called HotSpot function, additional diverse information can now be linked with a preview of the uploaded component. As a consequence, those 3D CAD models become an interactive encyclopedia for engineers and members of the PARTcloud.net sharing community.
Important information at a glance
The HotSpot function is already being used by some members of the CADENAS exchange platform PARTcloud.net. There is a variety of possibilities: Besides videos and animated graphics, members of the community can also provide descriptions of the 3D CAD model and explain their own designs. The advantage is also shown with the sharing or embedding of the 3D CAD model in other websites: The information remains unchanged and engineers can obtain a first impression at once.
And this is the way it works:
1. First, users have to login at PARTcloud.net or create an account free of charge in order to enjoy all the advantages of the Sharing Community. If you are already registered for the 3D CAD models download portal PARTcommunity, this is also valid for PARTcloud.net.
2. The components are uploaded and the information as well as details filled in so that the 3D CAD model can be found more easily by other users.
3. After uploading, the 3D CAD model appears in your own portfolio. One click opens a new window.
4. Users can now activate the HotSpot function, place the cursor on the position in the 3D CAD model where the HotSpot should appear and then click.
5. A new window appears where the information can be selected that is to be filed. Users then have a choice between texts, links, images, videos and manufacturer catalogs. The latter shows engineers, for example, which standard parts were used in the design.
Try it out right away: Share and receive 3D CAD models
Those who are a part of the large Sharing Community will benefit both from the enormous selection of user-generated CAD models and from the platform itself, in order to upload their own models and to make them available to other users.
It's best to go to www.partcloud.net right away and join the Sharing Community.
PARTcloud.net available also as an app
Upload your own 3D CAD models as well as browse around in the product range or search for specific parts with diverse searching functions on the go as well with the PARTcloud.net app for Android, iOS and Windows 10.
3D CAD models download portal PARTcommunity
If you are in search of manufacturer-certified CAD catalogs, you are at the right place with 3D CAD models download portal PARTcommunity. Look around right away at: www.partcommunity.com